Remake mediocre at best
The Hitcher, a remake of 1986 film, isn't a bad movie, which normally is a good thing.
However, it isn't a good movie either.
Horror movies can still be entertaining even when they are dreadfully bad, but this film is just mediocre.
There really aren't enough horror scenes for fans of slasher flicks or enough action for fans of action movies. It's not really gory enough for the genre, but it contains too much gore to be a good suspense movie.
There is a key plot point that is never resolved that feels somewhat unsatisfying. You can't ask the same people who enjoy watching a man kill numerous people at the drop of a hat to actually analyze the character's motives. It's not that type of movie.
Some of the scenes are beautifully filmed, but no one goes to a horror movie because it looks "pretty."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- M Club Hall of Fame pitcher's jersey to be retired
- Men's golf finishes seventh at conference championship
- Underemployment by recent college grads up 44 percent
- Nine people die each day due to distracted driving
- University receives grant from GRAMMY foundation
- The chaos of cramming
- Brewery uses beer to build Memphis pride
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit