Remake mediocre at best
The Hitcher, a remake of 1986 film, isn't a bad movie, which normally is a good thing.
However, it isn't a good movie either.
Horror movies can still be entertaining even when they are dreadfully bad, but this film is just mediocre.
There really aren't enough horror scenes for fans of slasher flicks or enough action for fans of action movies. It's not really gory enough for the genre, but it contains too much gore to be a good suspense movie.
There is a key plot point that is never resolved that feels somewhat unsatisfying. You can't ask the same people who enjoy watching a man kill numerous people at the drop of a hat to actually analyze the character's motives. It's not that type of movie.
Some of the scenes are beautifully filmed, but no one goes to a horror movie because it looks "pretty."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- One student's struggle living with Sickle Cell Anemia
- A House Divided: student government opponents split top offices
- Local non=profits partner with bank to give $100,000 in scholarships
- Tigers sink Pirates in three-game series
- Civilian Law Enforcement Review Board to hold community outreach panel
- Fed Ex Makes $3 Million Commitment to Advance U of M Technology and Research
- University's 'Physical Plantation' needs to treat workers better
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...