Remake mediocre at best
The Hitcher, a remake of 1986 film, isn't a bad movie, which normally is a good thing.
However, it isn't a good movie either.
Horror movies can still be entertaining even when they are dreadfully bad, but this film is just mediocre.
There really aren't enough horror scenes for fans of slasher flicks or enough action for fans of action movies. It's not really gory enough for the genre, but it contains too much gore to be a good suspense movie.
There is a key plot point that is never resolved that feels somewhat unsatisfying. You can't ask the same people who enjoy watching a man kill numerous people at the drop of a hat to actually analyze the character's motives. It's not that type of movie.
Some of the scenes are beautifully filmed, but no one goes to a horror movie because it looks "pretty."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- The wait is over for Tiger Football
- Graduate assistants ‘thirst’ for health care
- Women’s soccer starts season on solid foot
- U of M brings concert series to Tiger Lane
- Students dodge honors program, unaware of potential benefits
- 'Big Questions' addressed through professors' grants
- Police investigate U of M area robberies
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care