Website of the Week 2/20/02
In case you havent been surfing the Web for very long, let me clue you in to a little secret: At one time, the Net was used for such lofty purposes as research.
Now its glutted by amusing Flash animations, pop-under ads for cameras and casinos ... and, of course, photos of beautiful people.
Finally, however, there are a number of sites proving that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So grab your mouse and express your freedom of choice.
HotOrNot.com is one of a growing genre of sites that allow you to rate photos of men or women in specific age groups on a scale from 1 to 10.
And if youre particularly daring, feel free to upload your own photo. It wont take long for others to let you know whether youre handsome or hideous.
To test out the sites usefulness, we uploaded a photo of managing editor Amos Maki to HotOrNot. Within 24 hours, Amos had almost 50 ratings with a average score of 8.4 out of 10. (And yes, ladies, hes available.)
HotOrNot.com gets the pick of the week because of its smooth layout and diversity of photos. However, other sites offer similar features. Among them are PickTheHottie.com and IGotLooks.com.
Furthermore, the genre is expanding to include beautiful geeks (www.amigeekornot.com), beautiful pets (www.rankmypet.com) and beautiful mullets (www.ratemymullet.com).
So start clicking. Its certainly a lot more fun than research.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- M Club Hall of Fame pitcher's jersey to be retired
- Men's golf finishes seventh at conference championship
- Underemployment by recent college grads up 44 percent
- Nine people die each day due to distracted driving
- University receives grant from GRAMMY foundation
- The chaos of cramming
- Brewery uses beer to build Memphis pride
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...