SGA's first meeting a success for all
Students have suffered through parking ticket after parking ticket for incorrect hangtags and decals. Finally the end is near.
Student Government Association has approved grace periods to give students the opportunity to correct their wrongdoing before having to pay for it - literally.
"The grace period for anyone to pick up their tags is one week. After the week ends they will be fined and subject to the court," said senator for graduate school and sponsor of the bill, Joshua Jackson.
Jackson clarified that the voting on the grace period will have to be done by the student body, moving it to a referendum.
Another bill that SGA was pushing before the end of the fall semester was for new robes, which would have cost around $800. Thankfully, they were able to compromise.
"Dean Peterson contacted the commencement office and asked them if they had any spares, and they said yes," Jackson said.
These robes, which are to be worn during special occasions, are going to be provided to the SGA free of charge-as long as they share with the Commencement Office.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- Austin Nichols picks Virginia
- Trump’s track record on race troubling, activists say
- Victims’ families push Senate for immigration crackdown
- Helmsman roundtable: Austin Nichols departs
- U of M's Austin Nichols intends to transfer
- Nichols' potential transfer leaves Memphis in bind
- Working Around New State Law Hampering Pre-Natal Healthcare
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
- Today's Convenience Stores are Healthier and Hipper Than...
- Gadgets to Make Your Commute More Comfortable
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS