SGA's first meeting a success for all
Students have suffered through parking ticket after parking ticket for incorrect hangtags and decals. Finally the end is near.
Student Government Association has approved grace periods to give students the opportunity to correct their wrongdoing before having to pay for it - literally.
"The grace period for anyone to pick up their tags is one week. After the week ends they will be fined and subject to the court," said senator for graduate school and sponsor of the bill, Joshua Jackson.
Jackson clarified that the voting on the grace period will have to be done by the student body, moving it to a referendum.
Another bill that SGA was pushing before the end of the fall semester was for new robes, which would have cost around $800. Thankfully, they were able to compromise.
"Dean Peterson contacted the commencement office and asked them if they had any spares, and they said yes," Jackson said.
These robes, which are to be worn during special occasions, are going to be provided to the SGA free of charge-as long as they share with the Commencement Office.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership