SGA's first meeting a success for all
Students have suffered through parking ticket after parking ticket for incorrect hangtags and decals. Finally the end is near.
Student Government Association has approved grace periods to give students the opportunity to correct their wrongdoing before having to pay for it - literally.
"The grace period for anyone to pick up their tags is one week. After the week ends they will be fined and subject to the court," said senator for graduate school and sponsor of the bill, Joshua Jackson.
Jackson clarified that the voting on the grace period will have to be done by the student body, moving it to a referendum.
Another bill that SGA was pushing before the end of the fall semester was for new robes, which would have cost around $800. Thankfully, they were able to compromise.
"Dean Peterson contacted the commencement office and asked them if they had any spares, and they said yes," Jackson said.
These robes, which are to be worn during special occasions, are going to be provided to the SGA free of charge-as long as they share with the Commencement Office.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...
- Buyer Beware: Termite Inspections a Necessity for Spring...