SGA's first meeting a success for all
Students have suffered through parking ticket after parking ticket for incorrect hangtags and decals. Finally the end is near.
Student Government Association has approved grace periods to give students the opportunity to correct their wrongdoing before having to pay for it - literally.
"The grace period for anyone to pick up their tags is one week. After the week ends they will be fined and subject to the court," said senator for graduate school and sponsor of the bill, Joshua Jackson.
Jackson clarified that the voting on the grace period will have to be done by the student body, moving it to a referendum.
Another bill that SGA was pushing before the end of the fall semester was for new robes, which would have cost around $800. Thankfully, they were able to compromise.
"Dean Peterson contacted the commencement office and asked them if they had any spares, and they said yes," Jackson said.
These robes, which are to be worn during special occasions, are going to be provided to the SGA free of charge-as long as they share with the Commencement Office.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- Orange Mound Seeks to Share History through Stamp
- Highland Row beautification project hopes to improve University District
- Local employers seeking to hire the U of M's best and brightest at Career Fair
- The Dos and Don'ts of professional dress
- Trolley Night goes on despite weather or trollies
- Tigers hit the field for spring practices
- Pastner looks ahead after tough loss to Tulsa
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes