Website of the Week: http://www.3bp.com
I don't watch a lot of late night television, but there's one thing I never miss: Jay Leno's "headlines" on Monday nights. Maybe I'm just biased (after all, I am a budding journalist), but I think it's one of the funniest segments on TV.
Needless to say, I'm a big fan of www.3bp.com, which is home to the world's funniest headlines and photographs. Just like Leno, this site has a few funny marriage notices, such as the "Gay-Carpenter Wedding."
Some of the sample headlines include:
"British study finds less traffic when roads close"
"Sun or rain expected today, dark tonight"
There are also humorous advertisements and help wanted ads. Like the pizza place that says "for delivery, please call 2-3 days in advance." But if you think that's slow, it's nothing compared to one company's payment policy. According to their ad, you can earn $9.70 per hour -- "with wages possible after just 12 weeks." As opposed to what? Getting paid after six months?
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- Women's golf settles for second in Memphis intercollegiate
- SEC remains college football’s most dominant conference
- Cooper-Young Festival livens up Memphis
- Obama vows to 'degrade and destroy' ISIS
- World-renowned nurse will deliver a dose of knowledge to U of M students
- Film hopes to send message to those affected by date rape
- All students pay to send few overseas
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”