Website of the Week: http://www.3bp.com
I don't watch a lot of late night television, but there's one thing I never miss: Jay Leno's "headlines" on Monday nights. Maybe I'm just biased (after all, I am a budding journalist), but I think it's one of the funniest segments on TV.
Needless to say, I'm a big fan of www.3bp.com, which is home to the world's funniest headlines and photographs. Just like Leno, this site has a few funny marriage notices, such as the "Gay-Carpenter Wedding."
Some of the sample headlines include:
"British study finds less traffic when roads close"
"Sun or rain expected today, dark tonight"
There are also humorous advertisements and help wanted ads. Like the pizza place that says "for delivery, please call 2-3 days in advance." But if you think that's slow, it's nothing compared to one company's payment policy. According to their ad, you can earn $9.70 per hour -- "with wages possible after just 12 weeks." As opposed to what? Getting paid after six months?
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care