Website of the Week: http://www.3bp.com
I don't watch a lot of late night television, but there's one thing I never miss: Jay Leno's "headlines" on Monday nights. Maybe I'm just biased (after all, I am a budding journalist), but I think it's one of the funniest segments on TV.
Needless to say, I'm a big fan of www.3bp.com, which is home to the world's funniest headlines and photographs. Just like Leno, this site has a few funny marriage notices, such as the "Gay-Carpenter Wedding."
Some of the sample headlines include:
"British study finds less traffic when roads close"
"Sun or rain expected today, dark tonight"
There are also humorous advertisements and help wanted ads. Like the pizza place that says "for delivery, please call 2-3 days in advance." But if you think that's slow, it's nothing compared to one company's payment policy. According to their ad, you can earn $9.70 per hour -- "with wages possible after just 12 weeks." As opposed to what? Getting paid after six months?
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- M Club Hall of Fame pitcher's jersey to be retired
- Men's golf finishes seventh at conference championship
- Underemployment by recent college grads up 44 percent
- Nine people die each day due to distracted driving
- University receives grant from GRAMMY foundation
- The chaos of cramming
- Brewery uses beer to build Memphis pride
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?