Thomas returns to practice
Two Memphians enjoy a day of paddle boarding at Shelby Farms’ Patriot Lake. Photo By Christina Holloway | staff
Freshman wing Adonis Thomas returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since undergoing surgery to repair a torn flap of cartilage in his ankle.
Thomas, who was averaging 9.7 points on 48.8 percent shooting for the Tigers prior to his injury, suffered a torn peroneal retinaculum tendon in practice prior to the Memphis game against Houston on Jan. 14.
He was cleared to practice on Tuesday and began conditioning and workouts yesterday. He will likely resume full training following Memphis' final regular season game at Tulsa on Saturday. Pastner said he expects him to be available for the Conference USA tournament.
In Thomas' absence, the Tigers have held their ground admirably, albeit against an easier schedule than when he was playing. Prior to the injury, the Tigers went 11-5, averaging 75.1 points per game, compared to 11-3 (74.9 ppg) since.
Reinserting Thomas into the lineup will provide the Tigers with an added scoring punch going into the postseason. That said, he may face some difficulty getting back into the flow of things, especially as the team has begun to gel into a formidable force during his downtime.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- National recognition pours in for Tiger baseball
- Women’s golf finishes fifth at AAC Championship
- New look backcourt key to Tiger success in 2016
- Student government proposes lower GPA standards for themselves
- Former Tiger great chases championship
- "Blues for an Alabama Sky" marks last production of season
- Delta Vibe Promotes local Memphis bands at Spring Fling
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!