Thomas returns to practice
Two Memphians enjoy a day of paddle boarding at Shelby Farms’ Patriot Lake. Photo By Christina Holloway | staff
Freshman wing Adonis Thomas returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since undergoing surgery to repair a torn flap of cartilage in his ankle.
Thomas, who was averaging 9.7 points on 48.8 percent shooting for the Tigers prior to his injury, suffered a torn peroneal retinaculum tendon in practice prior to the Memphis game against Houston on Jan. 14.
He was cleared to practice on Tuesday and began conditioning and workouts yesterday. He will likely resume full training following Memphis' final regular season game at Tulsa on Saturday. Pastner said he expects him to be available for the Conference USA tournament.
In Thomas' absence, the Tigers have held their ground admirably, albeit against an easier schedule than when he was playing. Prior to the injury, the Tigers went 11-5, averaging 75.1 points per game, compared to 11-3 (74.9 ppg) since.
Reinserting Thomas into the lineup will provide the Tigers with an added scoring punch going into the postseason. That said, he may face some difficulty getting back into the flow of things, especially as the team has begun to gel into a formidable force during his downtime.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- Working Around New State Law Hampering Pre-Natal Healthcare
- Relay Looks for a Leg in Memphis, Finds Protest Instead
- Memphis’ frontcourt looks promising for 2016
- Wilson climbing the ladder to the majors
- U of M's legal counsel teaches journalism students
- Students debate the importance of graduate school
- Cooper-Young hosts monthly art tours
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
- Know Your Pipe Type And Catch Leaks Early
- Cancer Center Finds Smokeless Tobacco May Help You Quit
- Fighting Age-Related Muscle Loss
- A Quarter of Adults Dishonest With Dentists on How Often...
- Accidents Can Hurt More Than You Think
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15