Thomas returns to practice
Two Memphians enjoy a day of paddle boarding at Shelby Farms’ Patriot Lake. Photo By Christina Holloway | staff
Freshman wing Adonis Thomas returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since undergoing surgery to repair a torn flap of cartilage in his ankle.
Thomas, who was averaging 9.7 points on 48.8 percent shooting for the Tigers prior to his injury, suffered a torn peroneal retinaculum tendon in practice prior to the Memphis game against Houston on Jan. 14.
He was cleared to practice on Tuesday and began conditioning and workouts yesterday. He will likely resume full training following Memphis' final regular season game at Tulsa on Saturday. Pastner said he expects him to be available for the Conference USA tournament.
In Thomas' absence, the Tigers have held their ground admirably, albeit against an easier schedule than when he was playing. Prior to the injury, the Tigers went 11-5, averaging 75.1 points per game, compared to 11-3 (74.9 ppg) since.
Reinserting Thomas into the lineup will provide the Tigers with an added scoring punch going into the postseason. That said, he may face some difficulty getting back into the flow of things, especially as the team has begun to gel into a formidable force during his downtime.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- Former Tiger guards try to find success in pros
- Music Festivals begin to gear up for summer
- ENGAGE 901 give college students an opportunity to help underprivileged youth
- Music Industry head explains “Blurred Lines” court ruling
- Tidal hopes to wash away Spotify’s wave of musical dominance
- Campus crime report: March edition
- I spent my spring break in Cuba
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...