Thomas returns to practice
Two Memphians enjoy a day of paddle boarding at Shelby Farms’ Patriot Lake. Photo By Christina Holloway | staff
Freshman wing Adonis Thomas returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since undergoing surgery to repair a torn flap of cartilage in his ankle.
Thomas, who was averaging 9.7 points on 48.8 percent shooting for the Tigers prior to his injury, suffered a torn peroneal retinaculum tendon in practice prior to the Memphis game against Houston on Jan. 14.
He was cleared to practice on Tuesday and began conditioning and workouts yesterday. He will likely resume full training following Memphis' final regular season game at Tulsa on Saturday. Pastner said he expects him to be available for the Conference USA tournament.
In Thomas' absence, the Tigers have held their ground admirably, albeit against an easier schedule than when he was playing. Prior to the injury, the Tigers went 11-5, averaging 75.1 points per game, compared to 11-3 (74.9 ppg) since.
Reinserting Thomas into the lineup will provide the Tigers with an added scoring punch going into the postseason. That said, he may face some difficulty getting back into the flow of things, especially as the team has begun to gel into a formidable force during his downtime.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming