Alum to offer advice on starting businesses
Crews work to clean up the wreckage from the Norfolk Southerm train that derailed near the intersection of Poplar Avenue and Mendenhall on Sunday, Feb. 5. Christopher Whitten
The University of Memphis' Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation will host "Lunch With an Entrepreneur" on Monday at noon in room 326 of the FedEx Institute of Technology.
Though the event and lunch are both free, it is preferred that students, faculty and staff register online for the event to secure a spot.
The guest speaker will be Jason Gillum, a graduate of The U of M's Fogelman College of Business and Economics.
Gillum is also the founder and owner of a multi-million staffing and solutions firm called Millennium Search.
During the lunch, he will share his personal experiences and success stories, as well as offer advice on how students can build their own successful businesses.
Marybeth Collins, graduate assistant for the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, said it was those exact qualities that drove her and the other graduate assistants to contact Gillum to get him to participate as a guest speaker.
"His organization has established some important relationships with other Memphis-based organizations," she said.
The Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a newly-formed program whose sole purpose is to help residents of Shelby County with their plans to establish their businesses.
Graduate assistant Chad Holmes said he hopes people who attend the lunch will gain inspiration, hope and tactics from hearing Gillum's success story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections