Alum to offer advice on starting businesses
Crews work to clean up the wreckage from the Norfolk Southerm train that derailed near the intersection of Poplar Avenue and Mendenhall on Sunday, Feb. 5. Christopher Whitten
The University of Memphis' Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation will host "Lunch With an Entrepreneur" on Monday at noon in room 326 of the FedEx Institute of Technology.
Though the event and lunch are both free, it is preferred that students, faculty and staff register online for the event to secure a spot.
The guest speaker will be Jason Gillum, a graduate of The U of M's Fogelman College of Business and Economics.
Gillum is also the founder and owner of a multi-million staffing and solutions firm called Millennium Search.
During the lunch, he will share his personal experiences and success stories, as well as offer advice on how students can build their own successful businesses.
Marybeth Collins, graduate assistant for the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, said it was those exact qualities that drove her and the other graduate assistants to contact Gillum to get him to participate as a guest speaker.
"His organization has established some important relationships with other Memphis-based organizations," she said.
The Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a newly-formed program whose sole purpose is to help residents of Shelby County with their plans to establish their businesses.
Graduate assistant Chad Holmes said he hopes people who attend the lunch will gain inspiration, hope and tactics from hearing Gillum's success story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor