Alum to offer advice on starting businesses
Crews work to clean up the wreckage from the Norfolk Southerm train that derailed near the intersection of Poplar Avenue and Mendenhall on Sunday, Feb. 5. Christopher Whitten
The University of Memphis' Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation will host "Lunch With an Entrepreneur" on Monday at noon in room 326 of the FedEx Institute of Technology.
Though the event and lunch are both free, it is preferred that students, faculty and staff register online for the event to secure a spot.
The guest speaker will be Jason Gillum, a graduate of The U of M's Fogelman College of Business and Economics.
Gillum is also the founder and owner of a multi-million staffing and solutions firm called Millennium Search.
During the lunch, he will share his personal experiences and success stories, as well as offer advice on how students can build their own successful businesses.
Marybeth Collins, graduate assistant for the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, said it was those exact qualities that drove her and the other graduate assistants to contact Gillum to get him to participate as a guest speaker.
"His organization has established some important relationships with other Memphis-based organizations," she said.
The Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a newly-formed program whose sole purpose is to help residents of Shelby County with their plans to establish their businesses.
Graduate assistant Chad Holmes said he hopes people who attend the lunch will gain inspiration, hope and tactics from hearing Gillum's success story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- The wait is over for Tiger Football
- Graduate assistants ‘thirst’ for health care
- Women’s soccer starts season on solid foot
- U of M brings concert series to Tiger Lane
- Students dodge honors program, unaware of potential benefits
- 'Big Questions' addressed through professors' grants
- Police investigate U of M area robberies
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care