Alum to offer advice on starting businesses
Crews work to clean up the wreckage from the Norfolk Southerm train that derailed near the intersection of Poplar Avenue and Mendenhall on Sunday, Feb. 5. Christopher Whitten
The University of Memphis' Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation will host "Lunch With an Entrepreneur" on Monday at noon in room 326 of the FedEx Institute of Technology.
Though the event and lunch are both free, it is preferred that students, faculty and staff register online for the event to secure a spot.
The guest speaker will be Jason Gillum, a graduate of The U of M's Fogelman College of Business and Economics.
Gillum is also the founder and owner of a multi-million staffing and solutions firm called Millennium Search.
During the lunch, he will share his personal experiences and success stories, as well as offer advice on how students can build their own successful businesses.
Marybeth Collins, graduate assistant for the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, said it was those exact qualities that drove her and the other graduate assistants to contact Gillum to get him to participate as a guest speaker.
"His organization has established some important relationships with other Memphis-based organizations," she said.
The Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a newly-formed program whose sole purpose is to help residents of Shelby County with their plans to establish their businesses.
Graduate assistant Chad Holmes said he hopes people who attend the lunch will gain inspiration, hope and tactics from hearing Gillum's success story.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- Austin Nichols picks Virginia
- Trump’s track record on race troubling, activists say
- Victims’ families push Senate for immigration crackdown
- Helmsman roundtable: Austin Nichols departs
- U of M's Austin Nichols intends to transfer
- Nichols' potential transfer leaves Memphis in bind
- Working Around New State Law Hampering Pre-Natal Healthcare
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
- Today's Convenience Stores are Healthier and Hipper Than...
- Gadgets to Make Your Commute More Comfortable
- How to Select the Perfect Ceiling Fan
- How to Make Dating Less Difficult Than It Has to Be
- Don't Let Father Time Take Your Independence
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS