Ancient Egyptian Family Day
The Art Museum at The University of Memphis is hosting an Ancient Egyptian Family from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the lobby of the Communication and Fine Arts building.
"This day is an opportunity for parents and children to experience culture by Egyptologists," said Lisa Abitz, assistant director of the Art Museum.
The Family Day is an annual event sponsored by the Institute of Egyptian Art and Archeology.
Attendees can participate in activities such as writing their names in hieroglyphics, making copies of ancient Egyptian amulets, designing and creating their own ancient Egyptian mobiles and learning to draw like an Egyptian.
The event is free and open to the public.
"I think this event is important every year because it informs and entertains people of all ages," said Patricia Podzorski, curator of the Egyptian art at The U of M.
Students that majors in ancient Egyptian history will share their knowledge at the event.
"The students will be able to tell what they know about a subject they genuinely love," Abitz said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- Women’s soccer starts season on solid foot
- U of M brings concert series to Tiger Lane
- Students dodge honors program, unaware of potential benefits
- 'Big Questions' addressed through professors' grants
- Police investigate U of M area robberies
- ‘Campus Creeper’ gets banned from the University
- Tigers eagerly await season’s start
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care