Ancient Egyptian Family Day
The Art Museum at The University of Memphis is hosting an Ancient Egyptian Family from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the lobby of the Communication and Fine Arts building.
"This day is an opportunity for parents and children to experience culture by Egyptologists," said Lisa Abitz, assistant director of the Art Museum.
The Family Day is an annual event sponsored by the Institute of Egyptian Art and Archeology.
Attendees can participate in activities such as writing their names in hieroglyphics, making copies of ancient Egyptian amulets, designing and creating their own ancient Egyptian mobiles and learning to draw like an Egyptian.
The event is free and open to the public.
"I think this event is important every year because it informs and entertains people of all ages," said Patricia Podzorski, curator of the Egyptian art at The U of M.
Students that majors in ancient Egyptian history will share their knowledge at the event.
"The students will be able to tell what they know about a subject they genuinely love," Abitz said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Recent The Daily Helmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE DAILY HELMSMAN NEWS
- M Club Hall of Fame pitcher's jersey to be retired
- Men's golf finishes seventh at conference championship
- Underemployment by recent college grads up 44 percent
- Nine people die each day due to distracted driving
- University receives grant from GRAMMY foundation
- The chaos of cramming
- Brewery uses beer to build Memphis pride
RECENT THE DAILY HELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?