Ancient Egyptian Family Day
The Art Museum at The University of Memphis is hosting an Ancient Egyptian Family from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the lobby of the Communication and Fine Arts building.
"This day is an opportunity for parents and children to experience culture by Egyptologists," said Lisa Abitz, assistant director of the Art Museum.
The Family Day is an annual event sponsored by the Institute of Egyptian Art and Archeology.
Attendees can participate in activities such as writing their names in hieroglyphics, making copies of ancient Egyptian amulets, designing and creating their own ancient Egyptian mobiles and learning to draw like an Egyptian.
The event is free and open to the public.
"I think this event is important every year because it informs and entertains people of all ages," said Patricia Podzorski, curator of the Egyptian art at The U of M.
Students that majors in ancient Egyptian history will share their knowledge at the event.
"The students will be able to tell what they know about a subject they genuinely love," Abitz said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More dailyhelmsman News Articles
Recent dailyhelmsman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILYHELMSMAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILYHELMSMAN NEWS
- National recognition pours in for Tiger baseball
- Women’s golf finishes fifth at AAC Championship
- New look backcourt key to Tiger success in 2016
- Student government proposes lower GPA standards for themselves
- Former Tiger great chases championship
- "Blues for an Alabama Sky" marks last production of season
- Delta Vibe Promotes local Memphis bands at Spring Fling
RECENT DAILYHELMSMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!